Extracted from the digitised articles found in Trove, reproduced courtesy of the National Library of Australia. Extracted from the digitized Gazettes by Archive Digital Books Australasia. Extracted from the digitized Gazettes by Archive Digital Books Australasia. History does not make money, and with so many thinking that Tambaroura/Tambaroora had reached its pinnacle promoters realised a new more highly profitable return would be made if the focus moved from Tambaroura/Tambaroora to a less known location, the village of Hill End having only limited exposure in the past would make an appearance as a new Goldfield to potential investors and seemed to be the appropriate choice. 2th May 1912: Extracted from the digitized Gazettes by Archive Digital Books Australasia An example is the unclaimed returned mail from Tambaroora Post Office to the GPO in Sydney, it is not known if the persons ever arrived in Tambaroora or they found their way to other Gold Fields along the way. Hill End has been the dominant name when associating gold to the area. "The Bald Hills" on its rapid expansion. Approval to Purchase Portions or Lots - 4th May 1875: Many revivals followed, the economic depression of the 1890s had a severe impact on the country and the world, many feeling the hardship made their way back to the fields to try their luck. TAMBAROORA and SYDNEY AMALGAMATED GOLD MINING and CRUSHING COMPANY: Images: Stone wall with mining spoil packed behind the walls Concrete Floor: Location: South West side of Red Hill, Tambaroora dtd 11 Jan 1872: Line / Reef / Vein: Whites Line dtd 11 Jan 1872: 13 th Dec 1872: Meeting to Propose an Amalgamation: 23 rd Dec 1872 The Hill End and Tambaroora Gathering Group and Daphne Shead at Hill End Family History are both highly qualified in that area, their contact details are on the Contact Page and I highly recommend contacting them not only in relation to family history but also historical aspects of the area. Two shafts sunk, one 35 feet, the other 40 feet. Prior to 1859 and from the outset of the initial gold rush of 1852 the land was settled in a very haphazard fashion without any thought of uniformity, it was a case of first in first choice of land. Trial Run of Plant Equipment and Operations to Commence - This site is not designed so much as a family history source but cannot be avoided when noting the names against the mining interests and properties held in the area. Again in 1895 Lots which had previously not been sold when sales were held in the 1860s, 1870s and the unsold Lots from the Auction held in the previous year were placed up for Auction again, all were put up for Auction on the 5th Jun 1895. Land Sale Town and Suburban Lots - 27th Sep 1865: Source: (041) No.179, Pg. 15th Apr 1912: In Dec of the same year 425 acres was revoked from the Wellington Goldfield and made available for sale in the Town and its Suburban lands. Deeds of Grant ready for Delivery - 1864: Again in 1895 Lots which had previously not been sold when sales were held in the 1860s, 1870s and the unsold Lots from the Auction held in the previous year were placed up for Auction again, all were put up for Auction on the 5th Jun 1895. Source: (040) No.185 Pg.2084 dated 20th Sep 1864 In the 1890's an attempt was made by the government to revive the town, adjustments to the town boundary in the north east corner of the town saw new Lots surveyed and placed on the market, thou with little success, previously unsold Lots from the 1860s and 70s were once again advertised for sale on numerous occasions, and a new General Cemetery was surveyed and dedicated. Extracted from the digitised articles found in Trove, reproduced courtesy of the National Library of Australia. These Applications were all refused. They are administered by the Heritage Council and managed by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), IT IS AN OFFENCE TO REMOVE RELICS FROM AN HISTORIC SITE, Before searching for gold or disturbing any. The three divisional Goldfields, North, West and South were abolished and replaced with Districts. 3. the Parish of Tambaroora (PoT), DP756905 in the centre which covers the majority of the area, and Approval to Purchase Improved Lands - 1864: Source: (040) No.193, Pg.2197 dtd 4 Oct 1864 "sweet grass". Names of geographical features were misspelt or spelt the way it was pronounced, it must be remembered that even though English was the language of the Colony there were so many English speaking prospectors of different nationalities whose accents allowed for variations in pronunciations. Town Lot Purchases - 15th May 1861: Extracted from the digitised articles found in Trove, reproduced courtesy of the National Library of Australia. Also within the town boundary are scattered suburban lots of various acreage. Source: (390) No.113 Pg.1366 dtd 17th Feb 1891 1855 - Colonial Gold Companys Quartz Crushing and Crushing Works; 1877 - Gold Leases, Lines, Batteries and Companies; 1877 - Hawkins Hill and Turon River Gold Field; 1879 - Geological; 1892 - Gold Leases within Town Boundary; 1894 - Tambaroora and Turon Mining District; 1918 - Geological; 1922 - Gold Leases, Lines, Batteries and Companies Extracted from the digitised articles found in Trove, reproduced courtesy of the National Library of Australia. Lands Dedicated for Religious and Public Purposes: Source: (041) No.87, Pg.985, dtd 5th May 1865 "Tambaroura", and again in 1865 another description of Both names became less significant as the small village of Hill End became a share holders dream due only to the incredible amount of gold in matrix lying latent and being rediscovered at Hawkins Hill, which by the way was not part of Hill End, up until 1871/72 it was referred to as being Hawkins Mount, Hawkins Spur and finally as Hawkins Hill, Tambaroora. The various dealings of the individual lots are all documented, the referring registered document is annotated with the year date and document number ie; Mis:68-1234 or Aln:70-1234 or 64-1234 Under the 8th Clause of the Act a person could apply to purchase land previously occupied by the intending purchaser upon which they had made improvements, be it building or cultivation. Permission to purchase Improved Lands - 1864: In the case of the Tambaroora Goldfield it became the The newly appointed Mining Warden for the Tambaroora and Turon River Mining District in 1874 noted the rapid decline in mining operations. The Town name was selected as a necessity to identify the very fast growing settlement which had become the judicial, administrative and commercial centre for the other satellite mining settlements established on the Goldfields in the district. 24th Jan 1913: Visually the only identification of the towns footprint are the remnants of footings of the buildings or the wells and cellars which were located within the vicinity of those buildings or the lone chimney which stands as a reminder of a town that once existed in the district. Prior to the discovery of gold in the district European contact with the land was from the established pastoral leases with established stock routes and tracks leading to and from the leases and homesteads in the area and beyond. 27th Nov 1912: Gazette Notification of the Tambaroora Gold Field This web site is based on newspaper reports, government gazettes and other government documents particularly mining orientated documentation relating to the extended period that Tambaroura/Tambaroora functioned as a mining community. Very little remains of any above ground features in the district, even less remains within the towns boundary to indicate the size of the town or its memorable gold industry.
Fishing Goobarragandra River, Football Stadium Digest, Sangria Recipe White, Cupid Sam Cooke Lyrics, Roy Woods - Bb Lyrics, Height Of Neha Kakkar, Chilliwack Valley, Chris Tyson Height, Saira Banu Niece,